Gallery

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Weary via Technology

I love technology, I really do, it makes work easier. I can watch episodes that I have missed, or British television like "Doctor Who" (I think my family and friends may have me committed if I mention "Doctor Who" anymore). The computer allows me to see overseas family and find out what's going on in the world. At the same time I get where I really dislike it. The computer doesn't always work, and it seems I have become more lazy. I have not written a letter in months and I owe quite a few people letters like thank you letters and how are you letters.
Then there is text messaging, at one point I did not text message, I didn't have a cell phone til I was 15 or 16, that was my car. It was a shimmery Sapphire Nokia with no color, now it would seem ancient but at the time it was the best thing ever. I really did not want a car, I didn't go to driver's ed until I was 17, the previous year I was a bit frightened by the teacher who brought up Murphy's Law every class, so instead I went to an Art class. Back to text messaging, I used to like getting text messages, it was fun, oh you thought of me, now it's just oh you couldn't call me so you are text messaging me. If I don't get any text messages, I feel left out, it's a lose-lose situation. I am forgetting some friend's voices, maybe it's my fault because I don't call them but I do not want to interrupt their day. I feel like such a misfit with communication actually I just feel like a misfit, if I don't get a response back from a text message then I wonder if I said the wrong thing. I know I over think everything, so now I am taking a sabbatical from text messaging again, if you text me, I am just going to call back, this way I will at least hear a tone in their voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment